1) Website Content
Beth Shalom web site be used only for lawful purposes. Users may not use the Beth Shalom web site in order to transmit, distribute or store material:
- in violation of any applicable law within New Zealand.
- in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or their privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or
- that is obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
- that is in contradiction with the Jewish precepts of Lashan Harah. All posts may not speak ill of any other person
All posts must bear the name of the person submitting material: no anonymous post shall be allowed.
2) Examples of non-acceptable content on shared web hosting services:
- Illegal Drug Use
- Racism and Hate
- Extremist Groups
- Backup Scripts or similar
- Internet Radio and TV
- Peer-to-peer File Sharing
- Spam URLs
3) Examples of non-acceptable use of Dedicated Servers, VPS’s, Colocation, Bandwidth, IP services:
- Illegal Activities
- Fraud Activities
- Peer-to-peer File Sharing
- IP Proxy Servers
- Internet TV
Beth Shalom Webmaster and Board of Management will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation after investigation of data packets.
Beth Shalom will contact you if your service is deemed to be running any of the above, giving you the chance to remove this non-acceptable content before cancelling your service(s).
4) Servers or Network Abuse
Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to our Servers or Data Network is strictly prohibited. We will immediately, without warning, delete your services and accounts.
Any scripts deemed by us to be adversely affecting the Servers performance or our Data Network integrity may be deleted without notice.
For the purpose of this clause, “Scripts” includes any code which processes on the server, regardless of scripting language used.
6) Background Running Programs
Background Daemons/Spiders/Rippers/Screen Scrapers and Bots in general are prohibited on of our shared web hosting servers but may be permitted on Dedicated Servers, VPS’s, Co-location, Bandwidth, and IP services.
7) Commercial Advertising — Email:
Beth Shalom web site may not be the source, intermediary, or destination address involved in the transmission of spam (unsolicited email), flames, or mail bombs.
We consider spam as any mass unsolicited message in the mediums of:
- Instant Messaging (including but not limited to SMS, MMS, ICQ, MSN, AIM, Yahoo messenger, Skype, Jabber)
- any similar communication technologies which may emerge.
If you are found to have spammed, we will immediately, without warning, disable your services.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel service to known spammers and hackers.
You are not permitted to operate bulk mailing lists (over 500 emails per day) on our site.
Lastly, we reserve the right to determine what violates this policy.