Service Roster links here: Service roster February 2020 Shevat~Adar 5780
- BETH SHALOM BIDS FAREWELL TO DEBBIE SWIATEK, Friday 21st February: In addition to the weekend activities with Judy Campbell and the Ries’ simcha, we are wanting to use Erev Shabbat (21st) as a farewell for Debbie. Debbie will be around over that weekend at other things (JD’s celebration etc) but this is an opportunity during the service and over a light Kiddush to wish Debbie well and thank her for all her amazing contribution. Also over that weekend we have the service being led by Jude with singing from Judy Campbell; JD’s celebration on the 22nd which we want loads of people to come to and the book launch with Judy on the Sunday. Lots of opportunity to drop by!
- Friday 21 February, we welcome Judy Campbell, Choir Director from the North Shore Temple Emanuel in Sydney, to Auckland. She will run a song session from 5-6pm at Beth Shalom, then join us in making music at the Shabbat evening service at 6:30pm. Please email her directly ([email protected]) if you would like to participate, including details of your connection with, and skills in singing. She will tailor the session to suit those attending, which means there are no specific sight reading requirements. If you love to sing, this will be for you! Judy is known to many at Beth Shalom from her previous visit to Auckland some years ago, and from her role in leading choirs at UPJ Biennial conferences. In recent years she has expanded her creative activities to writing, and will launch her recently published book, The Silver Tea Service, a memoir about her family in South Africa, at Beth Shalom on Sunday 23 February 5.30 – 7pm. See Poster on the website or on Facebook for more info and for RSVP details.
- Saturday 22 February, please join the Ries family who will be hosting a Kiddush after the morning service to celebrate at Beth Shalom their son’s recent Bar Mitzvah in the US. JD will be co-leading the service.
- Monday 9 March, 6:30pm Purim Party with family activities from 6pm. Purim service followed by party. Dress in your Purim best and ring a plate of finger food to share.
- Sunday 22 March, 6pm the 2020 B&B AGM will be held at 6pm in the hall prior to the Beth Shalom AGM, (snacks will be provided). If you are interested in standing for the B&B Board, please call the office 524 4139 or email for a nomination form [email protected]
- Sunday 22 March, 7pm, Annual General Meeting in the hall.
- Diarise Summer Soul Shabbaton 27, 28, 29 March 2020. Click here to register. Rabbi Shoshanna Kaminsky, Shannyn and Max the soulful singers and Asher Truppman’s Jazz Band – stay tuned as more people come on board.
- Find a Study Partner Project: contact mailto:[email protected]
A reminder about our prayers for healing; if you would like our home prayer group to pray for healing for you or for someone close to you please advise the office.